Train The Team (TTT) are casual pragmatic hands-on workshops where I train my tech teams in order to adopt a new skill. The aim of Train The Team is to get buy-in from the team and to give them a headstart on new tech or ideas. They are free to join for outsiders as long as we have seats left.
Let me know if you’re interested 🙌. Send me an e-mail if you want to join.
12th September 10:00-13:00
In this workshop we’ll cover the following topics:
- What is git and why did we adopt it as a team? Why is it better than CVS?
- How do we commit, undo, reset?
- Why do branches and exist and how do we work with them?
- What are remotes, whats the use of having multiple remotes?
- How does git and github enable us to do our work awesome as a team?
- How can we send our changes over for review?
- What makes a good pull-request review?
- Can you tell me the difference between a merge vs rebase workflow?
- You need to have some experience with a version control system.
- You need to have git installed, see below how to do this.
- You have to have a github account, have your SSH key uploaded.
- Git tutorial @ Github
- Video where Linus talks about Git - Funny and crude, thats Linus <3
- Intro to Git & Github at Speakerdeck
- The Git book
- Intro to Git
Hope to see you soon!
Wanna join more train the teams? Join!
Would you like to stay up to date on upcoming learn-togethers or events? Subscribe here! I'll only use your email to keep u up to date on new learnings and coding tips. It wont be shared! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime!